St. Brigid's National School in Clonegal is a Catholic school under the patronage of the Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin.
It is our vision that we will educate the children in our care in accordance with the Catholic ethos of our school, while acknowledging and respecting other cultures and religious groupings. We aim to provide a caring, secure, happy and well ordered environment where everyone in the school community will feel protected, valued and accepted. We will endeavour to enhance the confidence and self-esteem of each person in our school. We promote team spirit and co-operation between all parties in education. An atmosphere of respect and care for all is fostered and a high standard of behaviour and inter-personal relationships is expected.
Great emphasis is placed on providing the framework for each pupil to develop and enhance the life skills necessary for future life.
We aim to provide an environment that nurtures, explores, and develops the intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, moral, cultural, and aesthetic development of each child as we prepare them for further education and lifelong learning.
In addition, we believe the child’s responsibilities to themselves and to the world around them should be an integral part of their social and educational development. We view each child as an individual who must play an active part in his/her own education. This, coupled with the provision of a vibrant and stimulating school environment can make the achievement of each child’s potential a reality.
Our School Motto
Mol an óige agus tiocfaidh sí
Our Aims at St. Brigids National School
- To enable our pupils to enjoy school and to live life to the full as children.
- To enhance their self-esteem and to recognise their good qualities, while encouraging them to respect the views, rights and beliefs of others.
- To develop academic, cultural and aesthetic values in each child and to foster an appreciation of our Irish culture and heritage.
- To develop their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- To promote a sense of responsibility for themselves, others and the environment.
- To nurture a work ethic in each pupil in accordance with ability.
- To promote a spirit of co-operation and to develop good interpersonal skills.
- To develop leadership qualities and to encourage each pupil to be tolerant, caring and politically aware.
- To make each child aware of the importance of expressing his/her opinions and feelings in an appropriate manner.
- To equip them to avail of further education appropriate to each child.
- To prepare them to live, happy and useful lives as adults in society.